And we need some more volunteers to help us make it a sixth successful year. If you’ve got Thursday mornings free and are close enough to one or two of the following locations, we will gladly accept your help!
Locations that need volunteers are:
On the Tar-Pamlico
– Dinah’s Landing at Goose Creek
– Wrights Creek Boating Access Area
– Yankee Hall Road (End of road on Tar River)
– Tar River Reservoir Boat Ramp
– Plum Point (accessible by boat only)
– Havens Garden Boat Ramp
– River Road (on the Tar River)
– Sunset Park Boat Ramp
One the Upper Neuse
– Rolling View Boat Ramp
– Buffaloe Road Canoe Launch
– Hickory Hill Boat Ramp
– Barton Creek Boat Ramp
– Ledge Rock Boat Ramp
On the Lower Neuse
– Black Beard Sailing Club
– Slocum Creek Boat Ramp (Havelock)
– Maple Cypress Boat Ramp
If you’re interested in volunteering, please email Volunteer Coordinator Emily Fritz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to know what it means to be a Swim Guide volunteer? This video, starring Sound Rivers’ Program Manager Clay Barber, shows exactly what it takes!