Help us celebrate our 40th anniversary year with a unique digital design commemorating our waterways! Three semi-finalists will receive $100, and a finalist will receive $500 for the design we’ll put to a variety of uses over the next year. Everything you need to know about submitting your art is below. So get drawing; deadline is coming soon! (And if you don’t draw, spread the word with friends who do!)
Sound Rivers Inc. 40th Anniversary Digital Design Call for Art
In celebration of its 40th anniversary, Sound Rivers is seeking original, digital art that captures the spirit of the Neuse and Tar-Pamlico rivers, reflecting a deep love of water and the people who thrive in eastern North Carolina. From the submissions, a signature design will be selected for use on 40th anniversary swag for the year to come.
- This signature design will be used for T-shirts, reusable water bottles, stickers and more.
- 3 semifinalists will be selected to interview via Zoom for the project and paid a $100 stipend.
- 1 final artist will be selected to design the final art and paid $500.
- Art must be submitted by Friday, Aug. 13, at 10 a.m. EST. There is no fee to submit. One submission per artist/artist team is allowed.
- Apply online – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf-YLHZcwg_ow5OvZlqcrxw9LyzFHI3Cw7EWnuPmusLq37BXw/viewform?usp=sf_link
- This opportunity is open to individual artists and artist teams.
- Applicants must be either a United States citizen or a permanent legal resident and be at least 18 years of age.
- All art must be submitted as a high-resolution jpg file (300 dpi) for digital review.
- Final art size 8.5″ x 11″ or 11″ x 8.5″ or smaller.
Other Important Information
- Interview dates for the semifinalists are Aug. 17-18 via Zoom video call. The artist may be asked to think carefully about how the work historically and/or culturally represents the region.
- Checks to semi-finalists and finalist will be sent by Sept. 3, 2021.
- Questions about uploading files can be sent to email@example.com.
- Art will become copyrighted for exclusive use by Sound Rivers, Inc. Artists will be given name credit.