We’ve gathered some FAQs from the three decades of Oyster Roasts! If you have a question, check below, we may have an answer! Don’t see your question answered here? Email email@example.com or call 252-946-7211!
Entry (General Admission Tickets) FAQ’s and Info
- Doors open at 6pm, not before
- Check-in is located in the Civic Center, south entrance (signs will be posted)
- Reservation list with names, no tickets are required. If your name isn’t on the list, check in under the name of the person who purchased your tickets.
- A wrist band and beer cup will be provided
- We will be checking IDs so please have yours out and ready
- There are plenty of oysters- no one will leave hungry- we promise! If you’re having trouble finding space for your group, just enjoy a beer, eat some chili or chowder (located in the dance hall) and return to the tables in a little while.
- Oyster knives are made available to everyone; located outside on the oyster tables. You can bring your own if you’d like.
- Melted butter and sauce are located near the oyster tables; served by our amazing volunteers. Please know that, due to the cold night, the butter will be provided in smaller amounts to avoid waste. You can certainly return for seconds if needed.
- Three breweries are located outside near the oyster tables. All the beer has been donated- we are grateful for our partnership with these great local breweries!
- Sodas and water are available inside; large coolers in the dance hall
- Chili and Chowder are provided inside, in the dance hall.
- Oyster Tables, except for sponsors, are first-come, first-serve.
- This event is a “come as you are” event. Casual, dressed up– whatever you feel like, we just want you to stay warm, have fun, and enjoy the evening.
- If you have questions, don’t hesitate to ask a staff member or volunteer. We want you to have a great time.
- Silent Auction bidding happens throughout the night – if you have questions about an item, a volunteer or staff member is available to help
- Bidding closes at 9pm – please give us several moments to organize before coming to claim your item
- It helps Sound Rivers’ staff immensely if you’re able to take your item home that night!
- All Silent Auction proceeds benefit your Riverkeepers, so please bid generously, and have fun!
Sponsor FAQs and Info
- Doors open at 6pm
- We have a separate check-in table for our sponsors and guests located inside the Civic Center (south entrance)
- No tickets required
- For sponsorships with reserved oyster and inside tables, look for the “Reserved” signs printed with your logos.
- Wine will be provided this year for our sponsors at reserved tables
VIP FAQs and Info
- Doors open for our VIPs at 5pm
- Check-in is outdoors at the oyster tables where you will receive your VIP gift bag
- Access to VIP lounge during the evening, located in a classroom along the civic center hallway. Wine and sweets will be available throughout the evening for our VIPs. (Keep your VIP lanyard on so you can easily enter the lounge.)