Lower Neuse Riverkeeper Needs a Volunteer!Posted on February 21st, 2018
OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA
Regular Volunteer position available:
The Lower Neuse Riverkeeper is looking for a volunteer to assist with regular water quality sampling. The Riverkeeper conducts regular monitoring of surface waters throughout Jones, Lenoir, and Craven counties. To continue this monitoring, a volunteer is needed on a semi-regular basis to collect water samples. This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in the sciences, public health, or learning more about our environment in general. No experience is needed, volunteers will receive training.
Sampling generally takes place in the mornings and is complete by noon. Work includes collecting water samples for scientific analysis and recording data.
- Ability to adhere to strict, but simple, Quality Control measures
- Ability to lift and carry cooler full of ice, bend over to collect samples multiple times a day
- Strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in schedule, however a regular schedule can be worked out.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “Sampling Volunteer” in the subject line. Please send a brief introduction and why you would like to volunteer along with your contact information.