Water Treatment Plant Tour - Swift Creek WeekEvent Date: March 21st, 2018
Dempsey E. Benton Water Treatment Plant Tour
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 @ 12:00PM to 2:00PM
Location: Dempsey E Benton Water Treatment Plant, 2301 Benson Road, Garner, NC 27529
Join the City of Raleigh Public Utilities Department for a tour of the Dempsey E. Benton Water Treatment Plant! This water treatment plant treats water from Lake Benson, which is operated in series with Lake Wheeler, and supplies drinking water for the City of Raleigh, Town of Rolesville, Town of Garner, Town of Knightdale, Town of Wake Forest, Town of Wendell, and Town of Zebulon. Come out and learn how your water is treated! Our mascot, Johnny the Running Toilet, will be there to greet you!
- Open to all aged 10 years and above
Day of the Tour:
- All participants over 18 years of age must bring a valid Passport, Driver’s License or State/County issued ID card the day of the tour.
- Bring completed Release of Liability Forms from all Attendees [required].
- No sandals, flip-flops, and backless, open, open-toe or heeled shoes. Everyone must wear sturdy, close-toe shoes and socks.
- No shorts or short skirts. You must wear long pants or ankle-length skirts. We recommend not wearing pants/slacks that drag on the ground.
- Read the Tour Guidelines for more information
Organized by the City of Raleigh Public Utilities Department
Contact Liz Barbulescu with questions at Elizabeth.Barbulescu@raleighnc.gov