It’s that time of year again! Time to celebrate the upper Neuse River, a source of natural beauty in the midst of urban development in theTriangle! What better way to do that than picking up some trash and then enjoy cold Sweetwater beer at a fantastic after clean-up party?
The cleanup will last from 9 AM to noon and then the party starts! Check-in will begin at 8AM at Anderson Point Park where you can leave your car, and transportation to the put in will be provided. If you want to float the Neuse from Millburnie Dam to Anderson Point Park, bring your own kayak or canoe and drop it at Milburnie Dam before coming to Anderson Point Park. A limited number of kayaks and canoes are being provided by Paddle Creek and Frog Hollow free of charge on a first come first serve basis, so arrive early at Anderson Point Park if you want to borrow one of their boats. You can also clean-up along the banks from shore-side, walking along the Neuse from Millburnie Dam to Anderson Point Park.
Once off the river we will be getting down with music, fly fishing lesson, games, food trucks, and a Sweetwater tap truck! The Party ends at 5:00 P.M. so there will be impetus to clean the river quick! Last year was a great time, and this year promises to be even better thanks to all our sponsors.
- Prizes will be given for: Most trash picked up, most interesting item picked up, and best river clean-up picture on Instagram (#looseontheneuse2016)
- Wrist bands for beer will be sold for $20 (but you get $5 off for cleaning the river!)
- Pepsi will also provide all you can drink high quality H2O
- Chirba Chirba and Flirting with Fire food trucks will be on site for lunch options
- Corn hole and other games
- Free swag and raffles!
All proceeds from the event go to the Sound Rivers.
Have a question? Email the Upper Neuse Riverkeeper (firstname.lastname@example.org
Keep up to date on our Facebook Events Page